Gloria & Bill Job – Innkeepers/Owners – Grand Living Bed & Breakfast 701 Quarter Horse Road, Williams, AZ 86046
For a long while, our life was pretty exotic. We had met in the Philippines, then work and life brought us along with our two sons, Michael, and Zachary from the Pacific to the Middle East, and everywhere in between. Over a ten year span, we lived overseas before we ended up settling down and making roots in Minnesota in 1988. Gloria worked as an administrative assistant for Medtronic, a medical device company. Bill worked for a real estate agency and managed rental properties. In Gloria’s spare time, she taught cooking classes at Fridley Community Education Center.
Although we had settled nicely into a quaint life in Minnesota, Gloria always had this dream in the back of her mind to own a Bed and Breakfast. In 2005, with a little bit of empty nest syndrome and after ten years of service with Medtronic, the moment came that Gloria just decided to quit her job and start anew.
We started looking from coast to coast for a Bed and Breakfast for sale. Our search brought us to Williams, Arizona, a historic town just an hour away from the edge of the majestic Grand Canyon National Park. The B&B we found is a two-story log home, nestled on an acre lot overlooking the pine covered Bill Williams mountain, with an elevation of nearly 7,000 feet. The weather in Williams is what we were looking for, not too hot nor too cold. We had dealt with the extremes already in the Middle East and in Minnesota! Finding the happy medium with our careers and lives as innkeepers followed that same Goldilocks mentality. After all these years, it finally seemed, we had found something that was “just right.”
What made it just right though was the culmination of our experiences traveling and visiting different countries and living in Minnesota. Minnesota provided the meat and potatoes and traveling the world interacting with people from different cultures added the spice, sort of speak. Our passion for food and people is immediately clear when welcoming our guests to our Inn. That passion is relayed in the home-made breakfasts Gloria prepares for our guests each morning, and the simple joy we get from meeting people from around the world. We love inviting people into our B&B because it is also our home, and the artwork from our travels plus the hand-picked antiques displayed on the shelves and hanging on the walls show all the history of our life together. ur
The unique and eclectic atmosphere of the Inn goes beyond the aesthetic, though, and is unlike anything you might experience during a typical hotel stay. In fact, it is an adventure for us too. It is as if we get to experience a different part of the world each week, except, instead of us doing all the traveling, the travelers come here. We all find ourselves sharing stories, sharing our cultures, and sharing food. To Gloria’s delight, she has started to teach cooking classes again to our visiting guests per growing request. We realized it is the food that helps bring us all together. The food is the common language!
Gloria’s collection of recipes compiled in her cookbook reflect all the places in which we have traveled, as well as, the diversity of the people that come into our Inn. Gloria is now fulfilling her lifelong dreams of writing a cookbook and owning the Grand Living Bed & Breakfast, and we welcome you to our Inn. Get a taste of Gloria’s home-cooked meals and a taste of log cabin luxury; you’ll find it is just right!
We look forward to meeting you soon at the Grand Living Bed & Breakfast!
- Grand Living B&B is a Totally Non-Smoking B&B Inside/Outside.
- We can not accommodate pets. There is a Pet Resort at the Grand Canyon Railway which offers excellent boarding facilities.
- A charge of $150.00 for cleaning-up and/or fumigating the room will be applied to the credit card if pets or smoking are brought into the B&B.
- We can not accommodate children under 10 years old.
- Check-In Time: From 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM. We do not have a 24- hour reception and will only accommodate early or late arrivals by prior arrangement only.
- Check-Out Time: 10:00 AM. Late Check-out must be arranged in advance. We expect our guests to stay with us for the duration of their reservation. We hope you understand that in the unforeseen event that you have to leave earlier than previously planned, we can not offer a refund for any unused nights.
- Deposit and Payment: A deposit equivalent to one (1) night’s stay plus tax will be charged at the time of booking and the remaining balance will be charged upon arrival.
- Payment Methods: Cash, Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express are accepted and required for making a reservation.
- Cancellations: If cancelled up to 7 days before date of arrival, a $30.00 cancellation fee will be charged. If cancelled later or in case of NO SHOWS, the full amount of the reservation will be charged. No refunds will be given.
- All room rates shown are subject to taxes at the prevailing rate. A Service Charge is not applicable.
For those traveling on business, we do have Free wireless internet throughout our bed and breakfast!